Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Why so serious?

I turned 11 weeks old today and celebrated by going to the Mommy and Me group with Daddy AND Mommy today. It was pretty fun to see my pops try to fit in with all the new moms.

The last few days have been a mix of fun and a few not so fun moments. Mommy and Daddy are both home with me these days and we're always on the go doing something. We bought a new couch yesterday to replace the one they are always complaining about. It was fun to be whisked around in the Bjorn for a few hours and bounce on all the couches at the store. I hope they bought one that can be cleaned pretty easily, as I plan on spilling juice and finger paints all over it the first chance i get!

I've also come down with something called "thrush", which is a pretty common thing to get they tell me. It gave me some little white sores in my mouth. To treat it, I get to eat some really yummy orange goo 4 times a day. I look forward to those goo sessions all day!

But, the other part of the treatment is this icky purple glop that Mommy and Daddy give me once a day. This is how it tastes...



It turns my mouth purple for the next 24 hours and makes people look at me funny. Daddy thinks I look like the "Joker", whoever that is.



So, I've been trying to deal with it the best I can. Mommy says I'm good for handling it so well. Little does she know I'm just saving up all my angst for my teen years. Maybe then I'll dye my hair AND my mouth purple!

1 comment:

  1. Riley, they named you ROCK. You absolutely have to dye your hair a few colors when you're older. love *debbie

    ReplyDelete